Monday, December 7, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things- The Christmas List for the Wanderlust

Christmas is upon us, which means gift buying.  If you have someone on your list that is a wanderlust here are a "few of my favorite things".  I've included some splurge items, and some budget friendly choices too.

First a great tote is a must have! I love the Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Tote in Black, which can be found here. It is large enough for you to carry snacks, electronics, and a water bottle, yet it will still fit under the seat in front of you.

Michael Kors Jet Set Tote by Spera

I always carry empty water bottles for the kids and myself, a lot of airports have refilling stations now, which is ingenious!  I love stainless bottles, to avoid BPA.  My kids have the Contigo stainless steel water bottle, that I actually bought at Costco, but you can find them here. I have a glass one that I love, it is an Ello water bottle. 

While, I don't usually have to worry about luggage, because we usually carry on, if I did I would highly recommend one of these scales. I remember one time we were flying, and we were over the weight limit in one bag, and had no room in another bag. We were playing the shuffle game in the middle of the airport, what a nightmare.  It would have been nice to have a scale to see that we were over the 50 lb. weight limit in the one bag.  

Not the same one I recommended, but you can see how they work
Luggage Scale by Ari Helmenin
If you have a female friend or family member that you would be willing to splurge on, I have heard rave reviews on Tieks.  What is not to love about shoes that fold flat in your bag, but are super cute.  They come in an array of colors and prints.  I'd love to have the red, chestnut, and leopard print. I will warn you, a pair will set you back about $175-$270 (ouch).  These are really the perfect airport shoe though, as you can slip on and off easily, which when you are rushing through security will make your life much easier. If you can't swing those, Toms are my other fav shoe for traveling, I've even been known to wear my Tom booties when flying.  

Are these not so adorable from box to foot?
Tieks by Bethany King

When you are going through the airport and onto planes there are millions of germs that you will encounter.  We are germaphobes, something I cannot live without is Thieves hand sanitizer from Young Living.  It smells amazing and works wonders for us.  I also always carry Lavender and Purification.  My kids' ears will sometimes bother them and both Lavender and Purification have helped them in the past.  I am a distributor so you can buy from here.

My two favorite oils for flying



For the child or adult that doesn't have one already a Kindle Fire is a wonderful gift, or an iPad as a splurge item.  My husband has a Kindle and I have the iPad mini, our youngest has an iPad Mini and our older girls have an iPod each.  My husband and I are both readers, so we love reading in our few quiet moments.  We've bought DVD's with the digital copy on it for our children to download the iPad so they could watch it.  Whoever thought of a digital copy is a genius!  I highly recommend a case like the i-Blason ArmorBox, it has a handle on it, which turns into a stand for their iPad.  Plus, they can drop it and it does a really good job of protecting it-knock on wood.  

Kindle Fire on Books by Zhao

God bless,

Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment